Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Job Hunt

Amber (my wife) is still looking for gainful employment somewhere. She is beginning to get very frustrated with the lack of meaningful opportunities she's come across. The interview she went on today was kind of pointless for her, because she said this job would have tapped none of her skills. I don't really know what to do besides keep my eyes peeled for jobs and keep supporting her. This seems to be the only piece of this whole seminary experience that's been lacking thus far. Everything else seems to be going along pretty smoothly, albeit with a few hiccups (forwarding to the wrong address, getting good health insurance for her, etc.). Perhaps God is trying to tell us something through us, but I don't want to be one of "those people" who thinks God always has a direct message for me in every single circumstance (haha). All I'm saying is maybe! Some have been saying that Amber should think about going into the Marriage and Family Therapy program here at LPTS. Maybe!

God has been faithful to both of us to this point, and I trust that this will continue. I had a very nice visit from Diane, my soon-to-be elder liaison (which reminds me, I need to contact Glen about coming under care). Diane is such a wonderful lady, and without her, I never would have known that LPTS was an option. We had a nice sit-down chat, and I hope to see more of her as I continue this journey.

Please continue to keep Amber in your prayers and thoughts as she looks for a place to work.

Much love!
Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment