Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of Semester

Okay, 1 day down, I don't know how many to go.

My first day of classes here at LPTS was amazing! I had Faith Seeking Understanding, Scripture I, and Intro to Worship. I know I might be in awe of all the newness, but I am SO excited about learning from these professors. I'm even excited about writing the papers and doing the projects. I know, I'm a complete nerd.

We also had the convocation service before lunch, which was done very well. Dr. Douglas Gragg preached a message called "The Humanism of Jesus" where he mentioned John Caputo's What Would Jesus Deconstruct? I paged through that book about 3 or 4 months ago, and it looked really interesting. Admittedly, I probably liked it more because Brian McLaren wrote a foreword for it. Anyway, the message was very good, in saying that Jesus was about humans first and foremost. That reminds me of Barth saying that God is decidedly FOR humans.

Good stuff! Will keep you posted on what I'm learning...

Much love!
Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment