Saturday, February 27, 2010

Semester of Craziness & Fellowship Nomination

Wow! This semester has started off with a bang! They didn't waste any time with anything! After the first two days, we had two snow days which the professors used as an opportunity to give us more work (haha). Can't say I blame them, but I quickly fell behind with virtually everything. Thankfully, that motivates me to work doubly hard, so I caught pretty quickly, but not without a lot of stress. This semester, I am taking the following:

  • Scripture I (Part 2) with Johanna Bos - We completed the Torah (wait, didn't Jesus do that?!) and we are now on to Joshua and Judges. I like Johanna a lot. I think she knows her stuff!
  • The Art of Teaching with Brag Wigger - Teaching is my first love (sorry Amber!), and I think I'm going to enjoy this class a great deal.
  • Old Testament Exegesis with Patricia Tull - Now that I can somewhat read ancient Hebrew, I'm expected to begin translating the text. I'm unworthy! I'm unworthy!
  • History of Christian Experience I with Amy Pauw and Alex Hwang - Fun class, as I love history. Just completed my first paper on the martyrs. Wahh wahhh wahhhhh. (Debbie Downer face)
I also was recently nominated for a Ministry Fellowship of the Fund for Theological Education. The application was a bear (two letters of reference, three-page paper, 15 page application), but I get a $10,000 grant if I am selected. I also get to develop a ministry project to be implemented.

I'm a little wired right now, but it could be all the caffeine. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment